Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Asking for increment

I have done it today! *Pat my own head* I have finally opened my mouth and talked to my boss about my salary package! My pay package in Hong Kong was rather good when I first came over 3 years ago but with the Hong Kong dollars peg to the US dollars, I am getting lesser and lesser each month in terms of exchange back to Singapore dollars nowadays. It's approximately 26% lower now than 3 years ago and I am expecting it to worsen further.
Now that they are in the process of extending my contract for 1 more year in Hong Kong, I figured that I'd better open my mouth now before they set the contract to the same pay package again. He didn't promise me anything now of course but said that he will put in the request to the CEO later this week. *Cross my fingers*

No comments: