Thursday, June 5, 2008

Why MBA?

I have been offered admission to the U21 Global MBA program and I have to reply by next Thursday. I am quite excited about going back to studying and finally realizing my goal of getting a MBA. However, the reason for getting a MBA is quite different now from many years ago. I do not need the MBA to get me a better paying job and I definitely am not thinking about changing jobs right now. So why MBA? I have been asking myself this question these past few days and I have been reading other people's reasons on the net.
I have consolidated my own reasons for WANTING to get a MBA in descending importance below:
1. Personal achievement, which is quite an egoistic want; my profile will look better with a MBA on top of my NUS degree.
2. Acquire more skills and knowledge in business management and administration.
3. Networking for more professional contacts.
4. Enhance my negotiating power with my boss with regards to my career.
5. Maintain the intellectual level with hubby.
6. Resolve the boredom I am facing now.
I hope nobody is getting angry with me by reading this because I know many people out there are trying to get a MBA because it is more of a need than a want...

No comments: