Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting bored with life in Hong Kong

Hubby was mentioning to me the other day that he was getting really bored with life in Hong Kong and really looking forward to going back to Singapore in a year. Most of you out there must be thinking, "Singapore is a more boring city to live in!" Honestly, for people like hubby and I who are not into clubbing and alcohol, there's really nothing much to do in Hong Kong. Maybe it's because we don't own a car here, maybe it's because we don't have that many friends here except for the colleagues whom we already meet every weekday for 8 hours, maybe it's because our family is not with us, maybe we are just bored with our jobs here in Hong Kong?
Whatever the reason, it set me thinking how different will it be when we go back to Singapore? Then I start to get worried... I have never lived with my mother-in-law and if we go back to Singapore, we will have to stay with her. My mother-in-law is not a difficult person, as long as I am willing to stop eating beef and will not refuse to offer joss-sticks to the Gods, she's absolutely fine. In my opinion, I think she is easier than my own mother who is very particular about hygiene and cleanliness. However, having been away and living with hubby only for so many years, I really wonder if I can adapt to living with somebody else in the same house. Well, the good thing is, at least the apartment in Singapore will be bigger than the one we are staying in right now. And we'll be having an ensuite bathroom, so I think I will survive.

1 comment:

Gweipo said...

There is a lot of life in HK besides drinking and eating. Try the hiking scene. Try one of the sports. Join an association like the Australian Association.
Go to the film clubs, go to concerts and the theatre ...
You're find like minded people without spending a fortune.
I also prefer my mother in law to my mother but wouldn't like to live with either!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And my father in law would drive me insane.
Give HK a chance