Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Living in Hong Kong

I have become a fan of Sex and the City since watching the movie on Saturday. Well, not actually a real fan but I enjoyed the movie so much that I decided I wanted to watch the series from the beginning and I am wondering why I have not watched the HBO series last time. Oh well, I am now watching the series starting from season 1 and have reached the last few episodes of season 3 now. Looking forward to finishing season 3 tonight and then maybe move on to season 4. At this rate, I may be able to finish the whole series by the end of the week! Hubby has been real sweet, downloading the series for me and also watching it with me in bed. ;) He loves the sex talks among the girls...
Initially I think I don't have anything in common with any of the main female characters in personality but just enjoyed watching their fashion. A new dress for every date or every party, designer shoes, fanciful accessories and beautiful handbags...that's every women's dream, no? Now after 3 seasons, I think I can relate a little to each and every one of them afterall! That explains the tremendous popularity and success of the series clearly to me now. *Where have I been all these years?*
Last night, we watched season 3 when Typhoon Fengshen hit Hong Kong and hubby was especially excited about it. It was the 1st jackpot hit for us in 3 years and he was really hopeful to get a day off. He's disappointed now that he still has to go back to the office for the afternoon half of the day though...
Things at the warehouse are getting messy, the goods that arrived last night at the airport could not be taken out of the terminal yet and thus could not be delivered to us. And the goods that were suppose to go out to customers this morning could not be delivered. I start to think how can Hong Kong ever be a reliable logistics hub when there are natural disasters like typhoons and black rain and landslides and floods? I never have to worry about such incidents in Singapore! I am sure many other industries out there are struggling with the aftermath effects of the typhoon. Stock exchange had to be closed for half the day, I wonder how many millions are lost there. Schools are closed for the day, so what happen to the parents? Trees are blown down, many construction sites are destroyed, mud from the landslides are choking the drains...floods are inevitable. So that's what a vibrant city like Hong Kong offer you folks!

No comments: