Friday, May 30, 2008

Bye~ London! Bye~ Friends!

Everything has to come to an end eventually...and when good times come to an end, it always makes me feel a little sentimental. I had enjoyed my trip very much, especially meeting with friends whom I don't get to meet often...

This day I arranged to meet J and her family at her house in Epping for lunch. We checked out at noon and made our way there on the tube. It was the last station so by the time we arrived, it was around 1:30pm, just nice for lunch. J cooked us some Singaporean dishes which I enjoyed very much after eating European food for the past 10 days. She was so thoughtful. It was my first time visiting her at her house and I was glad to find the jig-saw puzzle picture of old Singapore displayed on the wall of her living room. J also told me that the dishes she was using to serve me lunch were presents from me! I didn't remember that?

After lunch, we had a leisure time chatting over coffee while her husband P cleaned up and her 3 beautiful daughters played on their own. They are also stuck on the DS Lite games. *Smile* I From the dining area where we were sitting around, we could see the garden with a little playground for the children. It was not a very big garden, but would be enough for having a nice BBQ gathering with a few friends and family. This is the kind of quality living that we in Hong Kong and Singapore don't get unless we are very rich. *Sigh*

We said our goodbyes after a short walk in the Epping Forest which was only a 10 minutes drive away from J's house. That was our last chance at getting our lungs filed with good quality air before coming back to polluted Hong Kong...Bye~London! Bye~Friends! Wish we will meet again soon~

No comments: