Friday, June 27, 2008

Cheating and forgiving.


I am into the 4th season of Sex and the City and like all series, it's beginning to feel like a drag...hubby was already either falling asleep halfway through or he was multi-tasking on his new game. However, I am determined to finish the whole series and get over with it by the end of the week.
I was particularly agitated with the episode when Carrie got back together with Aiden. She had cheated on Aiden with Mr. Big and he was totally heart-broken. They broke up for several months and then got back together when Carrie begged him to forgive her. Did she deserve the forgiveness? I would say NO. I think it's totally unforgivable when one cheat with his/her ex but if it's cheating with someone new, it's possibly forgivable. Well, both is bad but cheating with ex is really BAD! My rationale? It's simple really. If my hubby cheats with someone new, that new person did not come into his life before me and thus I can trust that the time when he was with me before he'd met her was 100% true to me. But if my hubby cheats with his ex, then I am quite sure that he must have missed, loved and couldn't forget his ex all those times when he was with me, thus he was never 100% true to me the whole and the vows would mean nothing but lies. This kind of cheating is totally unforgivable, right?

In the movie version, Steve cheated on Miranda but I thought that was totally forgivable. He had sex with someone else just once because he hadn't had sex with his wife for more than 6 months and he felt remorseful enough to confessed to Miranda himself. That to me is totally forgivable unless of course if his sex partner was actually his ex...that will make it difficult to forgive. To me, just being friends with an ex is unforgivable because I do not think that man and woman can be friends, not especially when they have had a relationship before. Extreme? Well, being friends and going out in a group occasionally is fine but being close friends who chats on msn regularly, meeting up alone to discuss life and relationships issues, etc. is definitely out. That kind of relationship with an ex is already cheating to me even when there's no sex involved...

No comments: