Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend thoughts

The weekend has been non-eventful except that I had finally went for a facial after coming to HK for 3 years. The reason I hadn't gone for a facial earlier was the fact that they will usually ask me to sign a package for 10 or 20 times and I will have to pay up at least HKD4000 in advance to get the "good deal". I have been cheated many times, so I really don't believe in such crap anymore. I go to facials when I think I need a facial and not because I have 9 more times to use so I must use it up before I go back to Singapore or before I forget about it. Furthermore, how would I know that the shop won't be suddenly gone after a couple of months? I have heard enough of such cases. Anyway on Saturday, I got myself a facial at a special trial price which is usually less than half the normal price for 1st time customers. When the facial lady asked me to join a package afterwards, I just said I am not local and I won't be staying in HK for long and rejected her as nicely as I could. I walked out of the beauty salon feeling triumphant because for the 1st time I was able to reject gimmicks like these by my own will. I am usually very weak when subjected to persuasive sales people and will usually end up buying more than I need. This time, I was SAFE. :D I figured I will visit another beauty salon and get myself another facial at trial price when I need a facial next time. There are plenty around for me to choose from anyway. And I think they give better service during the trial facial just so that you will join the package. I have a feeling that I am getting clever. HAHAHA.
Oh there was something else that happened over the weekend. Another long lost friend from NUS found me on Facebook and we started to catch up with each other chatting over MSN. I haven't spoken to her for like 15 years, and we used to hang out together a lot when we were in NUS. She is living in the Netherlands now with her American husband whom she had met online! WOW! I didn't know online match-making really works! So brave of her to try! I could never have tried. She said she started dating foreigners because she thought that most Singaporean men or Asian men will probably not like the fact that she was divorced before. Hmm...is that really true? Asian men will mind about such issues more than the foreigners(gweilo)? I asked my hubby last night about this and he got rather upset. He thinks that the perception is wrong and he thinks that Singaporean women or Asian women ought to give Asian men more chances. I started to wonder is it just him or are all Asian men more open-minded now? Why was there a general perception that Asian men are less open-minded than foreign men in the 1st place anyway? Hmm...

No comments: