Friday, July 4, 2008

Older Women, Younger Men.

After watching those amazing stories last night about amazing baby deliveries, I am totally inspired about life. Nothing is impossible, isn't it? Like love. Nothing is impossible when it comes to LOVE.

I have finished watching the whole series of Sex And The City and I was really touched with the endings to all the girls. I cried a lot. I cried when Charlotte and Harry finally got their adopted baby from China, I cried even more when Samantha had finally opened her heart to Smith and accepted his love. Smith was the sweetest boy! (And he's so good-looking and sexy!) He stood by Samantha through her fight against breast cancer, through chemotherapy, not forsaking her even when she had lost her hair and her sex drive. Such a darling! See? Older women can find love with younger men, much younger men even! And it doesn't happens only in the movies! Good examples? Demi Moore and her 16 years younger husband! Real life examples? OK. My cousin, who is 9 years older than her husband and they have been happily married for more than 10 years now. And I. My husband is also 9 years younger than me. We have been together for almost 4 years and have been married for 2. And these 4 years have been the happiest time of my life. :) So don't be afraid to fall in love! Even when the man is younger.

I know most people are actually quite cynical about older women and younger men relationships. Older women and younger men relationships only work when the woman happens to be a Hollywood star like Demi Moore who is so damn good-looking and rich, don't everybody think so? Even for Demi Moore, she has not been spared from the gossips columns which are still sort of "predicting" when she will break up with her young husband! After my initial struggle, I figured out that all sorts of relationships have a 50-50 chance of working out or breaking up anyway. Whether it's a older woman with a younger man or the other way round, nobody can predict what will happen in the future. A younger man may after a few years think that his older woman is too old and start cheating with younger women. But older men do cheat for the same reason that their young wives are not young enough, don't they? So when that happens, a woman in a relationship with a younger man can proudly say that she had it good while it lasted but a woman in a relationship with a older man can only feel sorry for the youthful years she had wasted on a old man. Get it?
OK. Then there are 2 more very important plus points for woman to be in a relationship with a younger man:

1) Women usually reach their sexual peaks in their 30s and men in their 20s. See how Samantha enjoyed sex with Smith? Mine has never been better! ;p

2) Women outlive men. So I figured that I will probably die around the same time as my hubby or even earlier. I won't have to be a widow!

There you go! 3 cheers for all women in relationships with younger men! Stop worrying and start enjoying life! :D

No comments: