Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My learning style - Enthusiastic

I did a Learning Style Questionnaire at the Students Orientation Program of U21Global and got the below results:
  • Logical 8 pts
  • Imaginative 7 pts
  • Practical 10 pts
  • Enthusiastic 11 pts
Which means that my dominant learning style is Enthusiastic followed closely by Practical. Hmm... This is so true...especially some of the disadvantages part of it.
Disadvantages of Enthusiastic learner such as:
  • Tend to neglect subjects you are not interested in
  • Try too many things at once
  • Leave things until the last minute
  • You don't plan work in advance

Disadvantages of Practical learner such as:

  • You are impatient with others' viewpoints
  • Think there is only one way of doing something - your way!
  • Lack imagination
  • Get pre-occupied with details

So, now that I know my learning style, I am suppose to reflect on it and see if I can come out with a strategy or some strategies to help me make this online study successful.

On this program, we are urged to connect and discuss with our online classmates and professors extensively. We will be graded based on our daily involvement throughout the whole 12 weeks of each subject which will be 75% and the final exams is only 25%. I am already trying out the discussion boards and also the chats. Quite user-friendly. Lucky me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking at your 'points', it also seems that you're one of those kinestatic learners who learn by action and mimicking others.

Hey, that makes the two of us! lol

waitingkitty said...

Yeah, I lack creativity...I guess I must really read much more and hear people out more to help me get ahead in that area? I dunno...How? I guess it's the Singapore's education system...lack creativity. *Sigh*

Unknown said...

Hey, that makes us fantastic managers... especially for those who has MBA... :p