Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Travel~ Travel~ Paris - 8th May 2008

In the morning, we went to the Louvre Museum to see the famous Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci. I don't know about you guys, I just don't understand what's so special about the portrait? I couldn't appreciate it, not when I had to squeeze my way through so many people just to see a small half-body portrait of a woman displayed behind security glass panel. It was said that most tourists could only spend an average of 15 seconds to appreciate the portrait because of the crowd. I think hubby and I spent less than that! However, the glass pyramid was impressive and also the court yard in which it was built was so grand!
Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci

Notre Dame de Paris

After the Louvre, we went to the beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral. I especially liked the Gothic architecture and the magnificent rose windows. They were celebrating mass when we arrived and I felt so blessed even though I am not a Catholic nor a Christian.

Inside of the Notre Dame Cathedral

Nutella & Banana Crepe *Heavenly*

Seafood Plater Parisian style~ *Gorgeous!*

No comments: