Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Travel~ Travel~ London-1st May 2008

I remember that I haven't post anything about our tour to Europe yet, so I think I'd better start now before I totally forget about it. Anyway, it was just a couple of weeks ago...It wasn't the best way to travel really, we would have opted to travel differently if we could get more days off wordbut...I'm not going to lament about the situation here, it's not worth it.

We flew into London on 1st May arriving at the infamous Terminal 5 but we didn't have any check-in luggage, so we were safe. It was hubby's 1st trip out of Asia-Pacific and I was all excited for him. I'm not sure if I was excited for him or I was just plain excited for myself being with him on another of his "first time". You know what I mean? Maybe only the ladies will understand?


Anyhow, I was happy and excited about the trip and it was a fine morning. By around 8am, we made our way successfully to Earls Court on the Piccadilly Line and went straight to base2stay. (It was a hotel recommended by good friend S to try it out for her, we were actually her guinea pigs! Fortunately for us, the hotel was great. I especially liked their beds and pillows.) It was too early to check-in, so we left our bags and head out for a walk nearby. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and professional, promising to call us if there was a room available earlier than the official check-in time of 2pm. And she really did call us at around 11:00am! By that time we were enjoying our morning stroll in Hyde Park and Kensington Park so much that we decided we wanted to walk some more and so we didn't go back to the hotel until after lunch.


We loved the greenery, the pretty blossoms, the fresh air and the many happy dogs strolling freely with their owners. There were big dogs, small dogs, private horses, police horses, pigeons and wild squirrels totally not shy to grab bits of food from passerby. By the pond, happy children were feeding the ducks, swans and geese. It was really a wonderful morning for us! Below are some photos taken from our stroll in the parks, enjoy~


Pigeons and squirrels taking bits of biscuits from passerby~


Those blue flowers were really pretty!


I haven't seen tulips so gorgeous!


Walk the dog and go horse-riding together? Life must be great!


Loved that pretty tree fully blossomed with pink flowers!


I could sit on that bench for the whole morning~


It was such a beautiful morning that we walked all the way to the Buckingham Palace and even caught a glimpse of the changing of guards. It was way too crowded and London being London, it started to rain...

The guards arriving on horses...so smart looking!


At night, we met up with hubby's primary school classmate who's working in London for dinner and drink. The meeting place? Piccadilly Circus! Apparently, there's where everybody arrange to meet in London when they go out.


Meeting place, the Statue of Eros.

No comments: