Monday, May 26, 2008

Travel~ Travel~ Venice - 5th May 2008

On the way into Venice on the water taxi.

Overall I deemed this day as disappointing. It was raining from the time we arrived in Venice in the morning until the time we had to leave at around noon. The cold I caught in Rome started to get nasty with me and I was feeling terrible. Then we were almost late for the meeting time to leave because we were lost in the back streets for an hour. The only good thing that happened in Venice was that I found a cobbler while we were lost to mend my boots' heels which got broken from walking in Rome on the 1st day. It costed 6 Euros but well worth it as I felt much more comfortable walking after that.

View from the famous Rialto Bridge.

Shops on the Rialto Bridge.
A raw foods market we found while lost in Venice.

After Venice, it was another 5 hours bus-ride to the Lake District of Italy for the night before heading on to Switzerland the next day. There we found this lake about 45 minutes brisk walk away from our hotel and managed to enjoy briefly the beautiful scenery before dinner. Again, there was nothing else we could possibly do after dark around there...

Food on the road - Ciabata with ham and cheese~ *Yummy*!

The beautiful lake near our hotel.

No comments: