Monday, May 19, 2008

Addicted

Went for a girls' night out on Friday and came home addicted...no, it's not what you think...it was not THAT type of girls' night out. E and I met J to catch up on things with her (she left our Japanese company to join a US company) and we went for dinner at Little Sheep(小肥羊), my favourite restaurant. Apparently J is much happier at her new company and we were discussing about the differences in work culture between the two. E & I can only envy her and went on to lament our plight at the rigid system of the Japanese company. Later, E disclosed that her brother had opened a pet shop nearby so we went for a "look-see". The "look-see" became "hug and play" with one of the toy poodle puppy there and I fell helplessly in love....
Actually my 1st encounter with the toy poodle was about 3 years ago when hubby and I went to Taipei. There were many pet shops in Taipei around Shiling Night Market which sold mainly toy poodles, the tea-cup version and I have since decided that I want a toy poodle as a pet if I am ever going to have one. Hubby likes dogs too, we have been going to pet shops around Mongkok and Causeway Bay to view puppies since coming to Hong Kong but we didn't know any shops who would allow us to touch the puppies...E's brother's shop was different, I was allowed to carry and play with the puppy! The little fellow was so lovable! He was so small, I could carry him in one arm and i can feel him softly hugging my arm back. His fur was soft and chestnut brown. His eyes were black and shinny, his nose was black and moist, and he looked exactly like a teddy bear! I have not been able to stop thinking about him...
IS THERE SUCH A THING AS TOY POODLE ADDICTION?!

No comments: