Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Other Woman...

Went out with my god-brother C and his girlfriend S yesterday. C is married, his wife and son are in Singapore...yes, S is the other woman. Apparently, they have been having this on and off affair for the past 10 years at least and 2 years ago, C decided to buy an apartment in Hong Kong and live in with S. I have heard about their relationship from my godmother who was very upset about it. As a wife myself, I am of course disapproving of C and S but I was curious to meet S. I wanted to know what kind of woman would an established man like C fall for. I had thought that she must be a very sophisticated career woman who could assist C in his business or something but it turned out that she is just a very simple woman. She is better looking than C's wife though, but she was from mainland China and she cannot understand English. We had to converse in Cantonese the whole time when we were together so that she wouldn't feel out of place.

S has come from Chengdu 20 years ago, was once married and has a daughter who is studying in L.A. She is working as a stock broker and is helping C with his investments. The whole time we were together, C held her hand, served her food, referred to her as his wife to the waitress and looked really happy. He also praised her culinary skills and said they will invite us to have dinner at their home sometime. I couldn't help but wondered how would his wife feel if she finds out. Or does she care anymore? I am sure she must know something! Although I do not know her very well, I feel sympathetic towards her...but I think she has herself to blame. How can she let her husband stay oversea alone? Men can't take loneliness and they won't stay lonely, not especially when they are rich.

After saying our goodbyes for the night, hubby and I couldn't help but analysed S. We both agreed that she was quite different from C's wife who is a teacher. So, what makes S attractive to C? Her looks? Her culinary skills? I think it's because they have similar interests which is the stock market and also because she can accompany C on his business trips. I think it is very important for couples to have common interests and also to be together as much as possible. If not, be prepared to have a broken marriage...

No comments: