Friday, May 29, 2009

My new addiction...


I am addicted to bowling now...have played consecutively for the past 3 days, 12 games in total and even scored my own personal best at 153. :) It all started about 2 weeks ago when hubby and I decided we ought to do some sports after work everyday, to help me loose weight precisely. So far, other than going for golf practices, we hardly do any other sports. We hate going to the gym, hubby doesn't like yoga and I can't play basketball, so it didn't take us long to decide that bowling will be good for the both of us. Golf practice is boring if we don't go to the green and it's too expensive and time consuming to go to the green often. We can only go once in a month at best? Bowling is different, we have 2 bowling alleys within walking distance from our place and we can also bring D when he comes over during his school holidays.

In order to play a good game, I have sort of perfected my 4-steps but still have to work on the throw. I have decided that I will need a bowling ball of my own and I want to have a Hello Kitty one. ;) We went hunting for the ball yesterday but have no luck. I guess I may have to settle for just anything available at the pro shop and place an order for the Hello Kitty one as a 2nd ball. Whatever it is, I think playing some games everyday is working for me. I am wearing a pair of pants which I couldn't zip up 2 weeks ago...still a little tight though but I think I am getting there.

Talk about loosing weight, I just received a call from one of the slimming centers telling me that they are looking for "slimming ambassadors" from the public as part of their promotional programs. The slimming package will be given to me for free but in return, I will need to attend their promotional events at least 4 times in a year. In the event, I can choose to be filmed or not to be filmed. For eligibility, the lady asked me if I am over 110lbs and told me that I will need to go to one of their slimming centers for assessment with the slimming consultants. Just the other day when I was inside the MTR station, I was checking out the slimming advertisment billboards and was wondering if I would need to go to one of them to help me loose weight. Coincidence? Should I really go for it? Will it be a scam?

Hmm...

No comments: