Monday, April 14, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

I had a wonderful and eventful weekend starting with a nice romantic dinner at R66 with hubby. It's a revolving restaurant at the 62nd floor of Hopewell Center, not the tallest building in Hong Kong but on a clear day, the view should be rather good. Unfortunately, the sky was pathetically foggy that evening, so we really couldn't see very far...but with hubby so handsome beside me, I didn't really need the view. ;) The restaurant reminded me of Top of the M, a revolving restaurant at the Meritus Mandarin back home where I used to bring Japanese tourists for dinners. They had set dinner courses, also buffet Hi-teas and lunches.

The buffet spread at R66 was just okay, nothing fantastic but the ambiance was nice and quiet. At least where we were seated, I didn't have to hear strangers' conversations coming from neighbouring tables all night because for a change, all the couples sitting near us were talking softly. I am sure everybody who have been to enough restaurants in Hong Kong would agree with me that the conversations these Hong Kong people hold over their meals can be ridiculously loud and annoying. I mean I will usually be forced fed all sorts of grievances, juicy gossips and maddening opinions while trying to have a meal! I'm beginning to wonder if all these "forced feedings" had caused me put on so much weight ever since I arrived in Hong Kong...??

Anyway, back to my weekend...so Friday night was dinner date with hubby... then Saturday was the most interesting day...so proud of hubby. He was invited to attend a marketing event by Marriott Vacation Club and the catch for us was a HK$800 gift card to be spent at any restaurants in JW Marriott. I had been to events like these, I know there will be real hard-selling and I also know that we may not be able to leave the venue without spending more than the gift they give out. But hubby had determination made of steel, after about 3 hours, we walked out with our gift, our pockets untouched. *Phew!* I was almost lured into joining the cheapest package they offered! Yeah, I am weak...no doubt about it...but I like the Marriott a lot, I would recommend anybody with extra cash to spend to join the club as I really think that it's a good deal. At the moment, it's just not the right time for us...too many uncertainties and too much commitments.

With the gift, we headed to JW Marriott for hi-tea and spent the lazy afternoon there eating cheeses and crepes. They were really good! Of course there were more than just cheeses and crepes, but they were my favourites from the buffet spread. (Now you know the real reason that I am putting on weight? Buffets...) :D

At night, we went for the Duran Duran concert held at the open space beside Elements in Kowloon. It was a great concert! The audience were ecstatic! Nobody sat down for the whole 2 hours of the concert! So different from those concerts by local artistes. I had liked Duran Duran since high school days and hearing them sing live was really something for me. Memories, memories...I felt young again! I was dancing all night and the passing rain didn't dampen my spirits. I got wet alright but I was still happy. It would have been perfect if not for my aching feet after the concert...Hubby had to piggyback me some of the way home!

Then Sunday was spent lazy at home...no makeup, no heels, no push-up bra, just a 100% natural state me bumming most of the day away. Now that's a really good weekend for me~ :D

No comments: