Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jetstar Experience

It was my first time on a budget airline last weekend when I flew back to Singapore with hubby on Jetstar Asia. Hubby had taken it a couple of times before and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is on the heavier side because the seats are really narrower and the plane is really quite small. Anyway, other than the plane being small and that there wasn't any entertainment, there was some happening during the departure from HK which caused the flight to be delayed for slightly more than an hour.
We arrived at the departing gate 45 mins early, knowing that we would have to take the bus to get to the plane. It was gate 11 and the plane was due to departs at 20:15. Everything seemed normal, so hubby and I took our seats at the waiting area and played our NDS games. After about half and hour, there were people crowding at the gate and some angry shoutings...I started to get curious, so I went to check things out. What happened was, the flight which was suppose to depart at 11am that morning didn't make it due to some technical problems and the passengers were left stranded without proper arrangements. Of course they were angry and they were also determined to get on our flight home! The shoutings and scoldings went on for an hour before the airport security and the HK police arrived. I do sympathise with their plight, they were waiting for 10 hours and all, but I was quite pissed with the fact that they tried to jeopardise our flight too. One of the protestor was saying, "If we don't get onto the next flight, nobody gets onto the flight at all!" Shamefully, I think he was a Singaporean...In the end, the airline had to open the next available gate which was gate 13 and started the boarding process. The angry protestors went to gate 13 too, of course but the police declared that they will arrest anybody who will continue to create problems for the passengers and the airline. So, finally at 9:15pm, we go onto the bus and then at around 9:45pm, we departed from HK. *Phew~*

I'm not sure if it was the chaos before the flight or being 1st time on a budget airline, but I was rather happy and excited when I got into my seat. Immediately I decided on the souvenir from the shopping brochure. (I don't usually buy anything on flights, I bought the teddy bear because I don't think I will ever want to take this airline anymore.)

From the menu : Suzuki coffee, mineral water, Snickers and potato chips.


Entertainment : NDS

No comments: