Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Singapore Flyer

Hooray! PM Lee officially opened The Singapore Flyer yesterday! And the best thing is, my family have been on the Flyer exactly 10 days before PM Lee! Yippee!
It was really a wonderful experience as the view of the city from the top (165m) was really beautiful...
This photo was taken from inside the Flyer's cabin at about 7pm on 5th April 2008. See the beautiful sun setting in the background? See the Esplanade? (The 2 beetle looking structures...) The floating soccer field is really cool, isn't it? I would love to watch a match here with hubby some day! Must be this on my wish list...
Other than the ride itself, I found that the man-made rainforest under the Flyer really refreshing. It's beautifully landscaped with small rivers, miniature waterfalls and even little "volcano holes" emitting cool mist to cool the air! I know most naturalists would find this all so "corny" but I think it's the Singaporean way of showing hospitality to visiting tourists to our beautifully landscaped hot tropical island.
A stroll through this rainforest really helped to refresh my body and soul. It was the sweet smell of the plants, the soothing sound of the waters and most importantly, the non-polluted air that had made my day so wonderful. I love Singapore!

No comments: