Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update - Movies

Didn't go bowling this weekend but stayed at home to catch up on my readings and submitted my assignments. I am into the last 4 weeks of the Operations Management module and is starting the Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis module this week. I am glad that hubby is also starting his studies at HKUST because I won't be the only one struggling with readings and assignments then. :p

While studying, we watched 3 old movies on HBO, "Juno", "Heartbreak Kid" and "You've Got Mail". I especially like "Heartbreak Kid" which was about this guy (Ben Stiller) who fell in love with another woman on his honeymoon. It was hilarious! But I think the same kind of situation does happen to many people. Not as extreme as in the movie maybe but haven't you have the feeling that the person you are with is not really the right one but you are just going through the motion? And when the right one comes along you just can't wait to jump out of the old relationship? Then you will become the heartless one, the bad guy, the fickle-minded one, blah, blah, blah.

"Can 2 persons fall in love and stay in love forever?"
"What should one do when he/she feels that he/she has made the wrong choice in marrying the wrong person?"
"To what extend should the marriage vows but kept?"

Although all 3 movies had different storyline, they all have breakups and divorces incorporated in their story. Juno's parents were divorced and the couple who was going to be the adoption parents to her baby also divorced in the end due to differences in their pursuits. Both Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in "You've Got Mail" broke up with their respective boyfriend and girlfriend. I think life is too short to be feeling sorry for yourself. So, in my opinion, it is really okay to walk out of that rotten relationship and start life afresh. I am glad for what I did. :)

No comments: