Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Update - Flu and NDP

Been down and out with flu for 3 days last week from Wednesday through Friday...runny nose, cough and high fever...39 degrees on Thursday night and I thought I might have caught the H1N1 virus! Called the family doctor on Friday morning and she told me to go to the government clinic for a test. So, I dragged myself out of bed and took a shower...after that I felt better almost immediately! Thank God! I didn't go to the clinic in the end, so I really won't know if I had the virus or not...but I was better since Friday afternoon, so I guess I am safe now.

Watched another spectacular NDP online last evening and was again touched to tears. I always cry at such events! I guess I would be crying even harder if I were there in person! I wonder if N, who was one of the performers, had cried? I love the stage this year! Especially the "cubes" at the 2 sides of the stage! The theme song was beautiful and of course the fireworks display was as always mesmerising. I am so proud to be a Singaporean! And all thanks to MM Lee!

This is my 5th NDP away from Singapore and somehow, being away made me appreciate the NDP and also my home country much more. So, what's so special about Singapore? We are a country who didn't fight for our independence yet we emerged stronger than the country who abandoned us. We are a country so small you cannot find us on the world map and yet our name is so big that it is ranked among the top cities in the world. And we have great food...I miss the food in Singapore...

No comments: