Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Update - Movies

Watched 2 movies over the weekend with hubby; "Marley & Me", a heart-warming story about the lives of a couple and their very naughty Labrador Retriever Marley, and "Bride War", a bitchy comedy about 2 brides-to-be who were best friends but turned enemies because their wedding was booked for the same day and at the same venue.

"Marley & Me" was funny most of the time until the end when Marley died of old age. I wish they wouldn't show until then...I cried so hard! I am a dog person, I love dogs and I would really love to have a pet dog. There are so many movies on dogs! However, I am not ready for the sad part of having to see my dog passing away in old age, so I am hestitant. Maybe I shall have a dog when I am old, like when I have only 20 years left in my own life? That's just a foolish thought but it would really be nice to have a dog when I retire. :)

Other than the dog thought, "Marley & Me" also provoked some thinking. All his life, the character in the movie, John aspired to be a reporter but was given a column to write by his boss instead. He took the job because he has commitments and he needed the salary. He then wrote about his life with his dog which became very popular with readers and his boss doubled his salary. He was then able to move his family to a better neighbourhood but he was not happy. He still wanted to be a reporter and finally after about 10 years, his wife encouraged him to take up a job as a reporter in another city and the whole family moved with him. Then he found out that he wasn't really cut out to be a reporter. That's the irony in life. You can aspire to be this and that but sometimes, life may have other plans for you and accepting it may be a happier thing to do. So, I am not going to fret about whether I should go back to Singapore this year or not, whether I should have another baby soon or not, I am just going to let nature takes it course. If I have to stay another year, so be it.

"Bride War" was not worth watching, especially when there were 2 iritating Indian ladies chatting away behind us and kicking my seat. We had to tell them to shut up half way into the movie and they even had the cheeks to comment that we should sit in the VIP room for the movie instead since we were fussy! That was really infuriating. We were there for the movie, not to listen to their conversation! And I really do not like to have my seat moved! Is that being fussy? I really don't want to be prejudice against a certain race but I can't help but realise that these iritating people always come from the same race...the richer northern Indians. *sigh*

2 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Are those movie watching considered V-Day celebration? haha....

waitingkitty said...

No lah, movies are just weekend affairs for us. V-Day celebration...hmmm...see what hubby can come up with.