Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alan Tam and Hacken Li's Concert

Went to the newly renovated Hung Hom Coliseum to watch Alan Tam and Hacken Li's concert. Didn't realise it was the 15th day of the Lunar New Year which was also the Chinese Valentine's Day until Alan Tam mentioned it to the audience. Hubby and I had went for a very nice Okinawa dinner at Tsim Sha Tsui before strolling slowly to the concert. On the way, we had a nutella and banana crepe which reminded us of the ones we had in Paris which was SO~ DELICIOUS! I will consider V-Day celebrated. ;)

The stage before the concert

The stage fully "glamed-up"

The concert was quite enjoyable with quite a lot of stage works like fire and fireworks display. I only know a few of Hacken's songs but Alan Tam sang quite a few of his classic songs from the 80s which was nostalgic to me. I remember that I was still a secondary school girl when he was so popular then! How old is Alan Tam anyway? 50? My colleagues said that he is definitely older than 50 but he looks good and he was rather energetic on stage too. There was the classic act of him running around the stage with an over-size sling bag collecting red-packets from the audience. His hands were so fast! And he was singing all the while too! Quite admirable. I am always amazed with the singers for remembering the lyrics and dance moves. They make it all look so effortless!

I don't know why exactly but halfway through the concert, I thought of Leslie Cheung... He was just as popular as Alan Tam back in the 80s and early 90s before Jackie Cheung came up. I used to like the both of them which was quite rare as fans of Alan Tam will never support Leslie Cheung back then. If only Leslie is still around...he was such a talented singer and actor. And he was so handsome! Such a pity that he had killed himself. Why do people who seem to have it all kill themselves anyway?

No comments: