Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lion Dance @ the warehouse

Had the annual Lion Dance arranged to perform at my warehouse last Friday. This is a traditional Chinese ritual for bringing good luck and prosperity to the workplace. The owner of the building where my warehouse is located is a Japanese man but he has been living in Hong Kong for more than 20 years and he observes this tradition dearly. He has several buildings in Hong Kong and he has his Lion Dance ritual perform at all of them every Chinese New Year. I guess the Lion Dance must have brought him much good luck all these past years. His business is expanding.

For the fun of it, I had the Lion Dance performed at my warehouse for the first time last year and repeated the ritual again this year. So has the past year been good for me or the warehouse? I really can't tell. Other than being quite sick towards the end of the year, I think most of last year has been quite okay for me. As for the warehouse, work has been stable for all until the end of the year when the sales dropped sharply...In this economic situation, I doubt no amount of Lion Dance rituals can make any miracle happen. We just have to ride it out and hope for the best. My wish for this year is that I can keep all the present workers I have at the warehouse and hope that the business will pick up from the 2nd half of the year...

The Lion Dance Group in front of the building @ 9am

Lion Dance @ the warehouse

"Cai Qing" (採青) performance (picking the greens)

We had the red packet and the lettuce pack hung up very high (more than 3 metres) at the warehouse for the "Cai Qing" 採青 performance. We made sure that the performers work hard for their rewards so that all of us get a good show. It was all for fun. :)

No comments: