Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feeling empty...

The last 2 months have been too much fun for me...I am feeling kind of EMPTY right now. I have been back in the office for 2 days but I have absolutely no mood to study and definitely no mood to work. I need time to gather up my heart and soul...

I came back to Hong Kong all alone on Sunday evening from Singapore after 10 whole days of the Lunar New Year celebrations with my family. During these 10 days, I have met most of my good friends from school, visited relatives, gave out plenty of red-packets to children and ate all my favourite Singaporean foods. I must have ate more than I should have but with the help of a new health food that my mother-in-law is selling, I actually didn't get an upset tummy! It's enzyme and I heard it will actually help me to loose weight! So, I am faithfully taking it~ ;p

On the last day in Singapore, I visited the Botanical Gardens with son and hubby after dropping N off at church. The garden has been there for more than 100 years but it is immaculately maintained. The entrance has been upgraded, there is an underground carpark, a food court, a botanical library and also an orchid nursery with window showcases for public-viewing. The swan lake is still there and there are 2 white swans who love posing in front of visitors' cameras. I remembered that there used to be a black swan too but I guess it must have died...There are also plenty of turtles and fishes in the pond. I have always loved the Botanical Gardens since young and I am loving it even more. It was a great day, warm and sunny, and we had fun enjoying the fresh air and the greenery that we won't get in Hong Kong. And the best thing about the garden is that visitors can bring their dogs quite unlike Hong Kong where all the public parks do not allow dogs to enter, on leash or not. With many happy dogs and children running around, the garden was just wonderful!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah... Botanic Gardens. I remembered running around the aimlessly as a kid when my parents brought me there.

After growing accustomed to the temp in London, I can't see myself doing that. At least not in the near future. :)

waitingkitty said...

Hi CK,
Singapore was really warm and sunny but breaking up a sweat once in awhile made me felt good! Don't you go back to Singapore for CNY?

eastcoastlife said...

You were back here in Singapore!?

I was in Botanical gardens on 23rd January. Just love the fresh air and greenery there.... oh and the orchids. :)