Saturday, February 21, 2009

10 Promises to My Dog

Yesterday after work, hubby and I went to Mongkok for a light dinner of Spanish Tapas and drinks at Langham Place. Then we went around to find some DVDs to watch on his newly bought Sony 5.1 stereo DVD set. And like seeing 12 of our collegues being laid off wasn't sad enough, we decided to watch "10 Promises to My Dog"...
It's a story about a 14 year-old girl Akari living in Hokkaido growing up with her Golden Retriever which was a present from her mother. Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer and was going to die but before she passed away, she gave Akari the puppy and made her abide to 10 promises to her dog. They named the dog Socks because she had whiter fur on one of her front paws which made her looked as if she had worn socks. When Sock was a puppy, she was really cute! Made me want to get a dog immediately! The saddest part was when Socks died of old age 10 years later...then I asked myself if I can take the heart pain when my dog dies...

I am a dog person, I love dogs and I have had 2 dogs so far in my life. And I will eventually have a dog or even 2 when the time is right again. I cry all the time at movies and especially heart-warming movies about the loving faithfulness of dogs. I cried when I watched "Quill", I cried even harder when I watched "The tale of Mari and her puppies".

Both of them Japanese production and based on true heroic stories of dogs being such hardworking, faithful and loving friends of humans.

And there is this Waltz Disney Pictures production on again a true story about the Sakhalin Husky sled dogs.

No comments: