Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving on...

It's the end of another fiscal year in my company. This past year has been quite a roller coaster ride for all of us. At the beginning of the year, everything seemed so rosy, there was the Beijing Olympics to look forward to, the stock market was strong, the property market was hot and the job market was vibrant. Then after September, everything started to go down, down, down. Business for our company went down drastically particularly in January and for the 1st time in years, the management decided to retrench staff. Most of the sales staff have been either cut or transferred to our Shenzhen branch. What's left here in Hong Kong are the minimum sales force plus the supporting departmental staff such as Accounting, IT and Logistics. While the staff in Shenzhen has a new office that is better equipped, the office here in Hong Kong looks like ruins...

I have worked for this company for exactly 7 years and moving into the 8th year. It has not been exactly smooth-sailing for me but at least my job is secured even though I still do not know if I have a chance to get posted back to Singapore. Honestly, I have worked in Hong Kong longer than I have in Singapore, so I am not exactly looking forward to moving back to Singapore anymore. I just miss not having my mum and my kids with me all the time. Moving the family over has been in my plans for the past 2 weeks but I am having some worries that I will be subjecting them to unnecessary stress. Furthermore, the polluted air in Hong Kong will be bad for D's health...*sigh*

No comments: