Thursday, March 12, 2009

Like it or not, I'm here to stay...

It's set, I will be in Hong Kong for another 1 year at least and I guess I might as well plan to stay until I am eligible for permanent residency in Hong Kong. The Managing Director was here this week to check on the new Shenzhen office and he spoke to me briefly about my expiring contract in Hong Kong. He told me that he would like me to stay and hinted to me that it will also be better for me to stay in Hong Kong as the logistics center in Singapore will probably be closing down or downsizing...In this kind of economic climate, what else can I choose? I should be really grateful that I am able to keep my position and that the MD is happy to have me here.

So, what is the perks for being a permanent resident in Hong Kong? Hmm... All I know is that I will not need to have an employment visa to work here and that I will be eligible for a senior allowance of HK$1,000 per month when I reach 65 or something. Other than that? I really don't know yet...

No comments: