Friday, March 20, 2009

Moving the family over!

I had a phone conversation with my mum today and she finally agreed to come over to Hong Kong to stay with me! After being separated between Hong Kong and Singapore for almost 4 years and knowing that I will probably not be able to go back to Singapore for at least 3 more years, my mum has finally succumbed to my request of moving the whole family over. The plan is for D to come over to start his P6 with the Singapore International School here this coming end-August. Mum will sell or rent her house out in Singapore and move over early next year. We will leave N to decide what she wants to do, to come over too or to stay put in Singapore until she finishes her secondary school. We won't force her.

Hubby has been selected for an interview with HKUST next Saturday and I am really getting hopeful that he will be admitted to the MBA program. Then we will stay in Hong Kong for at least the next 3 years. We will even be entitled to a permanent residency by then! It's really funny how things have turned out like this...we didn't have this in our plans last year. We were still quite hopeful to go back home to Singapore, hubby take a full-time MBA while I work in the Singapore branch office. But sometimes it's just not up to us, is it? We can plan all we can but when things don't work out as planned then we have to have contingency plans. The best option for us now is to have the family over. And with mum agreeing today, life in Hong Kong will be quite different! We are really looking forward to it!

No comments: