Monday, September 13, 2010

"What is my plan?"

I received a call from the HR Manager in my Singapore office telling me that she heard that I will be going back and she asked me what is my plan. I thought that it's such a funny question. My boss has told me that the HR will contact me regarding the details but she called to ask me instead. So I told her that I need an official letter from HR telling me my date of return, my new position, title and salary package. And also how much time will I be given to pack up and how much luggage allowance will I be entitled to. She could not answer me and told me that she will have to check with HQ. *sigh* Oh well, but at least I know for sure that I will be going back now that the Singapore office has confirmed it.

I have told two of my closest colleagues that I will be going back in October and they told me that rumours are spreading already. As my boss has requested for 5 seats for my division, many of them are guessing who will be the other 4 seats, what will my division be in charged of and and who will be working for me, etc. On the other hand, I am more concern if I will get used to the work environment in Singapore. To be honest, I have enjoyed my work here in Hong Kong for the past 5 and a half years. Other than the Japanese GM that I will need to give face to, no other locals can boss me around. It will be quite different back in Singapore...

There's quite a lot that I will need to do, especially for exporting my dogs back to Singapore. They will need to do a blood test for rabies and some other medical and physical checkups at the vet. And the total costs to export both of them back will come up to around HK$20,000+ for door to door service. And I also have loads of clothing and shoes and bags and kitchenware and miscellaneous stuff to bring back!

No comments: