Friday, September 24, 2010

Glad to go home!

I received my paycheck for September today and realised that I have been hit by another invisible pay-cut. I have a large portion of my Hong Kong paycheck transferred back to Singapore each month and for the past 5 years, I have taken a 28% pay-cut due to the falling Hong Kong Dollar. And over the years, I have had only a 10% raise! This is ridiculous and I am glad that I will be leaving this lousy city and going back home in 2 weeks. My new salary will be paid to me in Singapore Dollar and at the present rate, I will only be taking a HKD4,000 pay-cut. This is really a good deal as I do not have to pay rent anymore and I will have better fringe benefits in terms of annual leaves! And I will be entitled to 3 months of maternity leaves and other baby bonuses as well! The only worry is that I will be taking a new position and I am not sure what is expected of me...

1 comment:

April Chu said...

hello my dear, all those goodies you talked about, come with a highter tax rate.
hong kong only have a flat tax.
the lowerest in the world.