Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I am going HOME~

I just came back from a discussion with my boss at HQ last week and it's been decided that I will be going back to Singapore. It's a request finally fulfilled after negotiating with him for the past 2 years. The truth is, there is really no place for me back in Singapore and the company is only going to expand its business in China and reduce businesses everywhere else. So what's the point of me going back to Singapore? Honestly speaking, career-wise, there's really no reason for me to go back. I am really much better off here in Hong Kong and China. But I have the baby to consider and my whole family is still back in Singapore! So what is more important? Career or family? I would say family as I can jolly well find another job back in Singapore even if they don't let me go back.

I have to say that I am appreciative of my boss. He has gone quite out of his league to create a position for me back in the Singapore office and even negotiate for a rather good salary package for me. Although the amount is still not what I had hoped for, I cannot complain much. However, I am a little apprehensive about my new position as it is a "forced-out" position. I am suppose to take on a role as a regional logistics consultant and help 4 warehouses improve their workflow and efficiency. All these warehouses have been functioning for the past so many years without such a position advicing them, so why the need now? And they have to pay for it! Maybe I am one person who really doesn't believe in consultants, but I think I am going to be quite redundant. Anyway, there's no official jobscope and job description for me yet. And I will have to take it a step at a time. I hate it when I am not in the upperhand position to negotiate...

No comments: