Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Final Number = 1

Yes, I have taken a scan today and the doctor confirmed one baby inside my womb. I asked doctor J what might have happened to the other embryo and this was her answer : "The other embryo did not implant so the body has naturally "removed" it as it perished." Interesting...so in another word, it came out from my body together with my vaginal discharge? ....

Anyway, I am happy with one baby, but at the same time I am also a little disappointed. I am not being greedy but I was thinking that since 2 good embryos were inserted, I should hope that they would both survive, shouldn't I? But I knew from the start that out of the 2 embroys inserted, 1 was better quality than the other, so I guess the better survived this time...I would forever wonder whether the other embryo would be a boy or a girl...Am I crazy? While feeling pity that the other embryo didn't make it, I am worried that this one won't too...I am getting paranoid.

The doctor told me that I am in my 5th week now and only by the 6th week at least will we be able to detect the heartbeat. I will be going back to see her on my 7th week for that check and at the meantime, I need to rest as much as possible, take good care of myself and not eat anything cooling or too cold. I have also purchased extra 2 weeks' medication to help me maintain my hormone level up. The Crinone 8% vaginal inserts and the Utrogestan 100 which I have to take 2 pills times a day. I am determined to carry this baby to full term and give birth to a healthy baby in March!

No comments: