Monday, July 26, 2010

13 down, still 5 more to go!

I have been feeling good since last Thursday. No more headaches but tummy still bloated and very sensitive to smells. I realised I cannot take the smell of onions and fish and any kind of strong smells!

Was especially sleepy on Saturday, slept until around 11am! Didn't want to wake up but had to wake up to eat...after that, I fell asleep again. The next thing I know, it was almost 4pm when I woke up again! Then I cooked myself noodles to eat and started downloading the final exams paper for my 13th subject on HRM. It was about the HR issues at British Airways...quite a lot of issues, I must say. I really don't understand the power of unions! I guess it's because there isn't a really strong union here in HK and Singapore? Anyway, the BA cabin-crew is already the highest paid crew in the airline industry, what are they still complaining about? The company has been making losses for the past 2 years and they are still staging strikes, disrupting thousands of travellers and asking for more. I think they are ridiculous with their demands...that's the problem with the system in the UK. Hubby has been reading up alot on the UK policies and have been showing me ridiculous examples of the welfare system in the UK. People on welfare are having better housing and receiving more money than those who earn a honest living in the UK! So, why should anybody work? I still think that Singapore has the best policy in the world. Everybody has to work and has to take care of oneself and one's parents. Can't depend on the government and that's why everyone in Singapore has to work hard and upgrade oneself all the time to get a better life. That's fair and that's how an economy can grow. We don't have any natural resources in Singapore but our most precious resource is our people, human resource! And we have a good HRM called the PAP.

Anyway, I have finished 13 subjects for my MBA with U21Global and have 5 more subjects to do. At this rate, I should be able to finish 16 by December this year, leaving 2 more for next year. Complete in 3 years...just nice. :)

No comments: