Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Update - Movie, walk and Spa.


I had a great weekend. Starting with a morning session movie at UA Citygate and cried my eyes out watching "Hachiko". Richard Gere looked really old in the movie but still as handsome and as charming as always. "Hachi" was really cute when he was a puppy! Love his eyes! Much like my very own Coffee's. If I can afford to have a big house, I would really love to have a Akita Inu! It is such a handsome breed! And maybe also a Golden Retriever! And a Shiba Inu!

Took Cookie to see the vet for her teeth as her milk teeth won't drop and her adult teeth are coming out. The vet told me that she will have to be fully tranquilized for extracting the teeth and suggest that I have it done together with the de-sexing surgery. I don't intend to de-sex her though. I would love for her to give me more cute little puppies that resemble both Coffee and her! So, I will have to check her teeth hygiene more regularly so that she will not get tooth decay. Anyway, the vet checked her and told me that she has a slightly weak right knee. Not very serious but may develop into arthritis when she grows old. Coffee has strong bones though and everything is fine with him. And fortunately we went to the vet as we found out that they have missed 1 vaccination. I thought the pet shop told us that they have had 2 vaccinations when we bought them? Anyway, they are fully vaccinated now, including the one for rabies.

After the visit to the vet, we took the pups to the Inspiration Lake near Disneyland and had a great walk. We didn't see any other people walking their dogs and I suspect that dogs are not allowed. Anyway, there was no sign so we didn't care. Both of them had a great workout running and walking around the lake, and so did the both of us.

In the evening, we went to the MTM Spa at Novotel Citygate. I had a 2-hr facial session with special treatment for my eye bags and caviar essence infused mask for my face and neck. I slept through almost half of the session and left feeling my skin refreshed. I guess I have to start taking care of my skin as I approach the big 40. Hubby had a 30-minute head, neck and shoulders massage which he thought was too short.

Sunday was spent at home. Tried to tub with the pups but they were terrified of the water. They hanged on to us like crazy and wouldn't let go! Coffee was so funny, peddling with his limbs so fast even though he was out of water. I cooked dinner, made soup (black chicken and fish maw and conch) and fried vegetables with pork liver sausage. Yummy. (^-^)

No comments: