Friday, January 15, 2010

39!

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I had a birthday present hand-carried and delivered to Hong Kong from Singapore! My ex-colleagues from the warehouse remembered my birthday and had J bring me the present while vacationing in Zhuhai, Macau and Hong Kong with his family. It was really sweet and nice of them. ^-^

This is the 5th birthday celebrated in Hong Kong and same as previous years, I received flowers and my staff bought me lunch. The girl at the reception was asking me if I will have a Hello Kitty cake again this year....hmm...I wonder?

I celebrated my birthday with E and J last night at a private dining place called "家宴". It was a 8-course dinner and it was delicious. I would love to go back for dinner again in February or March, with hubby and the Ma's. Their menu change every month except for the 3 signature items which are the lobster salad, the prawn and the crab dishes remaining the same. And I think they will all love it. It costs HKD260 per person and that includes tea and service charges.

Ok, back to my birthday. I am 39 this year but I am not worried of being old as I do not feel old at all. I may have a few wrinkles on my face and neck, I may have put on some weight at my waistline, hips and thighs, but I am in good health and everything in my life is falling into places nicely! I am finally on my way to getting the MBA that I had wanted to get more than 10 years ago, my children are growing up beautifully, our apartments in Singapore are finally ready for occupancy, bought the car I had always wanted to drive, bought not 1 but 2 tiny toy poodle puppies and my marriage life is better than ever! So how much more can I ask for? I am HAPPY, very HAPPY. Om Sai Ram!

I was talking to my daughter the other day when she was here on school holidays and she told me that she would like to be a fashion magazine editor. It's good to have ambition and dreams but honestly, how many of us actually get to do what we like to do and actually make a living out of it? I have a good job, it is not my ideal job but it helps me provide for my family and also gives me a comfortable lifestyle. In that sense, I like my job but I hope that in 5 years, I can actually start to do what is really meaningful and what I really like to do. :)

No comments: