Monday, January 18, 2010

5th birthday in HK

My 3rd Hello Kitty birthday cake! ^-^

I had a great birthday week this year! And for consecutively 3 years, my staff in HK bought me Hello Kitty cakes since they know that anything Hello Kitty will make me very happy. ^-^

On Friday, I had dinner with hubby at Olea, Novotel Citygate, just the 2 of us. It was a nice cozy restaurant which was not crowded and had an open kitchen where I could smell the pizzas baking. We had tapas, pizza and lamb cutlets with sparkling wine. The pizza was especially delicious. I think we will be going there for dinner quite often...

On Saturday, we had tim sum lunch with J and the Ma's at Lei Garden, Shatin. J was going back to Singapore that evening and his wife was out doing her last minute shopping, so he joined us alone. Lei Garden's tim sum was really good, too bad they don't have a branch at TST where my office is...

For dinner, we went to Amigo at Happy Valley with the Ma's. Ma shares the same birthday as me and he recommended Amigo after having a great time for his wife's birthday in December. It was an old French restaurant with a history older than me. The interior of the restaurant was very European with a bar on the ground floor and dining on the second floor up a winding stairway. There were oil paintings hanging on the walls and the chandeliers were lighted with real candles! There was also a live band consisting of 3 Filipino guys who could sing English, Mandarin and Cantonese songs going table to table obliging song requests and entertaining the guests with their impressive voices. The ladies were served first and presented with a rose after dinner. For birthdays, the signature cake (Napoleon) will be on the house and also a Polaroid photo of the occasion will be taken. Oh yah, memo pads printed with the guests' names will also be presented upon arrival at the table! I think they are for making song requests to the band.

Anyway, dinner was delicious, we had foie gras, escargots, clam chowder soup where the clams were fresh, fat and juicy, then we had the main course and then we had the most delicious souffle that I had ever had. And since it was my birthday, we were given the house cake which was also good but not as great as I had hoped. At the end, we had our coffees and teas and which came with ice cream balls coated with chocolate which was better than the cake. I think it's because I like chocolate better? All of the above for the price tag of HKD3570 for 4 of us without drinks. Not cheap at all and I would recommend going there only for special occasions.

On Sunday, we spent a day with the puppies and we brought them out to the park again. Cookie was ecstatic! She ran so fast! I love watching all the different variety of dogs at the park and having the dog lovers come cooing over Cookie being so small and cute. Apparently, many of them have had toy poodles but most them not as small size as Cookie. Coffee was terrified of all the bigger dogs that come sniffing at his butt. Such a funny sight. LOL

No comments: