Sunday, September 13, 2009

What is stopping me?

I have fallen in love with this dog which we saw in a pet shop at Causeway Bay. It was really a coincidence that we found this shop after coming out of the MRT station on Friday evening. We were intending to go to some of those pet shops along the streets to see some puppies. We always do that, it's one of our favorite "pass-times" in Hong Kong. We spotted the sign "Gaite Poodle" almost immediately coming out of the station and we decided to check it out. It was on the 2nd floor and after the shop owner opened the door for us, we saw just 2 poodle puppies for sale. One was in the teddy bear colour and the other was black, at least to me it was black at first sight.

However the information written on the cage was "blue toy poodle" and after being showed closely, he was indeed bluish. His coat of fur was amazing! So thick and yet so soft to the touch! I have never touched a coat of fur as fine as his. He was obviously very healthy and very smart. Oh, he is such a sweet, sweet darling! I wished I could bring him home immediately!

To bring him home, the price tag is HKD33,000. Is the price tag stopping me? I would think not as I think he is really worth that kind of money. Then what is stopping me? I guess it's the responsibilities involved. Can I take good care for him? Do I have enough time to play with him? I am working and studying and out of the house most of the time, so how am I going to make sure that he will be happy in my home? Hubby is not helping even though he likes the dog a lot too. He is sleeping the whole Sunday away...I wish to go see the dog again. I am feeling really terribly miserable now, almost like I am being jilted and out of love now... Can I ever forget him?

No comments: