Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweat palms and feet...

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...literally and was late for work due to not being able to get a taxi even after walking a few blocks away. I hate it when the school term starts in Hong Kong, all the taxis suddenly just disappear! And it was such a humid morning, I started perspiring and of course my hands and feet are dripping with sweat now....

I have always been suffering from excessive sweaty palms and feet since young. It's hereditary, my dad had this problem and so I have it. It is not life threatening but just terribly inconvenient and bothersome. Because of this problem, I cannot do many things that involve using my hands such as sewing, knitting and I definitely cannot be in the service industry where I will need to provide services to clients with my hands such as a beautician or a hair-stylist. In Singapore, guys with my condition will be exempted from handling arms during National Service, I heard. I can understand that totally, the riffle or machine gun would just slip through my hands!

The condition gets worse when I am nervous, like when I was taking exams during my school days, I had to put a hand towel under my hand when I write. If not, the examination paper would be ruined with my sweat. On the social level, I avoid shaking hands with people I meet and I never hold hands with the boys I dated. Can you imagine how difficult it is? Anyway, I am glad that I am working for a Japanese company and Japanese do not shake hands, they bow. Perfect for me.

I almost forgot, today is our 5th aniversary! Happy Aniversary, darling! These 5 years have been wonderful!

No comments: