Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nice long weekend...

This has been a long weekend for me as I have sick leaves for both last Friday and this Monday. I am not feeling sick but I have a terrible skin infection on a piece of scratched skin on my left foot. It all started last weekend at the wet market of Mongkok where I had an itch on my foot and I started scratching it until it was red and tender. I didn't think much of it until it became so painful and the skin was practically rotting that I went to see the family doctor. She told me that it was serious and gave me an injection plus anti-biotics to take for 3 days before going back to see her again on Monday. Then on Monday, she gave me 4 more days of medicine...really didn't think that it could be so serious.

Is it because Hong Kong is really dirty that I get all kinds of strange infections or is it because I am getting old? "Getting old"...I really hate to admit this. Will I be much healthier if I am living in Singapore instead? I guess I will never know as I have been living here for the past 4 years and I will be staying here for another year at least. The secondment contract is signed today.

I went shopping with mum on Friday afternoon at the fashion wholesaler, had dinner with the family including grandpa at the Thai restaurant in Elements and bought the sexy Nespresso coffee machine as my anniversary present. Hubby was happy that I have chosen the coffee machine over bags or shoes or diamonds. To him, it's a new toy where the whole family can use.

I started to download my final exams for Finance on Saturday afternoon, while D and hubby went to Mongkok to buy games and collect D's 11th birthday cake. It was crazy, I had absolutely no idea how I was going to answer the questions! The paper was really difficult! I needed my textbook but it has been left in the office...Hubby went back to fetch it for me while I continued to scratch my head. After 18 long hours of head scratching, hair pulling and eyeball rolling, I finally submitted the paper.
We celebrated D's birthday on Saturday night, after having California pizza for supper. D had chosen the cake himself at Maxim's and I think it was nicely done but somehow, they had spelled out his name funny with a capital L in the middle.

D's "Soccer Boy" birthday cake.

Father's Day Special Tea Set @ Elements

Sunday dinner @ Yamada.

No comments: