Monday, June 8, 2009

Random Thoughts_Staying on in Hong Kong

Oh boy, I realized that mum and D have been here for more than a week and I have been enjoying myself a little too much...I haven't been studying enough! At the end of the week, I have 2 DBs due (1 for Finance and 1 for Data Analysis) and a final assignment due for Finance. Then next weekend is the final exams for Finance! I have been struggling with these 2 subjects and it doesn't help when the family is here...I just want to spend more time with them instead! Maybe taking these 2 subjects this time was really a bad idea... :p

For the past week, hubby and I have been going home to tasty home-cooked food with nutritious soups, no need to think of what to eat after work which is one thing we both dread. Around 6pm everyday, D will be switching the TV channel to the videocams in the lifts and watch out for us. It feels really good having someone waiting for you at home! And every night after dinner, we have been going bowling for about 2 hours and then hubby and D will be stuck on the TV playing Winning Eleven on PS3.

The aircon in the living room is spoilt and we have it checked last week. According to the aircon servicing man, the compressor is spoilt and he needs to assess to it. However, in order to access to the compressor which is set at the external wall of the room, he would have to break the glass window and replace a new one after repair. I don't believe the design of these Hong Kong apartments. How can they have the compressor at such an inaccessible place? It is so wasteful but I guess it's just the way it is. The space in the apartments is just too precious to be wasted on aircon compressors. Besides, how many times do people need to do repair works at the aircon compressors anyway? We have moved in for 2 years and this is the 1st time. I hope that I do not have to do it again in the next at least 2 years after this.

Oh yah, it's been decided, hubby and I will be staying in Hong Kong for at least another year.

No comments: