Thursday, June 11, 2009

FATE?

I am feeling better now, after sobbing for awhile last night about the loss. No point crying over split milk anymore. We have lost the deal 3 years ago and lost it again for being too conservative and for not having the power to decide on our own. We just have to wait for the next opportunity to come knocking and I hope the next time we will have more control and power on our own and won't have to listen to someone else's opinion. I think that I would prefer to regret my own decision rather than to regret having listened to someone else's. Maybe I am being wilful again which I have always been, but I always believe that one should have control on one's own fate and not wait for things to happen. People always say "It's fated, what is yours is yours and what is not will never be." But if one does not make the effort to do something, will one succeed just because it's fated? No, I don't believe so. Fate gives us choices to make and how we make them is entirely up to us. I have made some mistakes in my life so far but as long as it's my own decision, I have no regrets. I guess it's human nature. A child who fell down on his own won't cry so much but if he was being pushed, he will surely cry his lungs out and will take a long time to calm down. Reason? On top of the pain he felt from falling, he felt angry for being pushed.

Anyway, it's my wedding anniversary today, 3rd anniversary and hubby whispered to me "Happy Anniversary" last night as he was coming into bed after playing on the PS3 with D. It was way past midnight so technically, it was June 11 already. I have met hubby 5 and a half years ago, been together for 4 years and 9 months and married for 3 years exactly. So did fate play a part in our union? I would say yes, fate opened up the opportunity but after that, it was entirely up to us. Fate brought him to me, created an opportunity for us to get to know each other better through work, but if I hadn't been so bold and he hadn't been so daring, we would not have been together. Our story is well-loved by most of my girlfriends who even said that it would make a good romantic movie. Interested to find out more? I will blog about it in another post. :)

No comments: