Monday, December 29, 2008

Weekend Update - Korea Ski Holidays

I feel terrible having to come back to work this morning...had too much fun with the family over the past 2 weekends...In the past 2 weeks, I have overplayed, overate and definitely over enjoyed myself. I am terribly late with my readings and discussion board contributions but I really don't care! It has been too much fun to think about study!

It was our very first ski holidays and the best thing about the whole trip was that we got to see snow falling from the sky the morning that we were leaving the ski resort. The children were ecstatic and didn't want to leave! It was the family's first time...

Didn't know skiing can be so difficult until I got myself all geared up and could hardly walk, let alone do all the body and limps coordination that the instructor taught me... D was totally eager and he learnt fast. After about an hour practising at the bottom of the slopes, we boldly went to take the lift up the beginners' slope and took our very first plunge... It was scary! It was fast and it was a real struggle coming down that slope. It took us all about half an hour or more to finally reach the bottom... D wanted to go up the lift again but the rest of the family was totally worn out couldn't wait to get out of their gear. I would really like to bring him up for a second round if I were a little more skilled...but...I was totally bruised. Maybe next time, my dear boy! When you are bigger and when I am fitter...I hopefully.

Other than the skiing, the next highlight of the trip was the ride on the T-Express, Korea's fastest and steepest roller coaster made out of wood entirely. According to the guide, the steepest slope was 70 degrees and the speed was 140km/h! And the worst thing about it was that the safety gadget for the ride was only a safety belt at the lap! I could feel my butt lifted away from the seat several times during the ride which was about 2 minutes? N screamed until she lost her voice and I was teary by the time I got out of the ride. That was the best roller coaster ride, ever!

After all the excitement at Everland, we were brought back to the city where we got hands on some ice-carving works. We were taught how to make a beer mug out of a block of ice and hubby was so sweet...he carved my initial on his beer mug! The 2 kids broke the handle of the beer mug, so they made wine glasses instead which looked more like trophies to me.

So, that's about all for our 5 days 4 nights trip to Korea. The rest of the trip was just about eating and shopping which I enjoyed very much too, of course. I am especially happy with the Korean skincare I bought. :D

Here are some of the photos of the trip:

N & D totally knocked out after a 3-hour midnight flight to Incheon...

At the war museum the morning after the flight...N & D firing away!

The Pheonix Ski Resort at night.

D rocking on fresh snow.

D making snow angel on the morning snow...

The snowy morning...so beautiful!


See the wooden roller coaster in the background?

The completed works of ice art...

No comments: