Thursday, December 11, 2008

Even chickens are not spared...

Doom and gloom is getting into my company...it's not that the axe has fallen on us but we are told not to recruit for replacement staff. Whoever resigns will be let go happily and no replacement will be given. Individual departments will need to think of how to split up the job among the ones remaining and get on with it. No OT, no replacement and definitely no more new employments. *Sigh*

Honestly, I didn't feel too threatened about this economic crisis until my hubby told me that one of his ex-classmate working for Philips in Singapore has received the letter yesterday and then my boss in Japan called me. Being Japanese, he started the conversation with a sentence that went something like this: "I need to apologise to you about something..." I was stunned! I thought he was going to tell me that I have been chosen to receive the letter! Luckily, it was about the project that he had promised to let me handle which is going to be postponed for God knows when. I don't really mind that, I just want to keep my job. I guess at this time and moment, being able to keep my job is the ultimate priority for me now. All other things can wait...even the plan about moving back to Singapore to be with the kids. If I were to lose my job, my kids and I are going to suffer even more anyway.

The axe has fallen on the chickens in Hong Kong also. A chicken farm in Yuen Long was found to have bird flu and all their chickens were killed yesterday. Today, they are killing all the chickens in other chicken farms within 3km of it. I have a thought, why don't they just cook up all the chickens and send them out to Africa where the people are suffering from famine. The people there have nothing to eat and are dying anyway, why don't we just send them some cooked chickens and let them have a meal of their lives? Will the bird flu spread even when the chickens are all thoroughly cooked? I hope someone can answer my question. I just don't see why over here we are wasting all these food while people over in Africa has nothing to eat..

1 comment:

waitingkitty said...

Really? After the New Year is gonna be worse? ...