Thursday, December 4, 2008

My business trip to Shanghai

I was away in Shanghai for a very short business trip...arrived in Shanghai on the 2nd December evening, went to office and warehouse the next morning for meeting and then off I went to the airport to catch the 1:20pm flight back to Hong Kong. Basically, I was taken from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to office and warehouse and finally back to airport all in the company's car. All I saw of Shanghai was my hotel and the 1 block of the street around the hotel where I went to get food for dinner. I was all alone and that was the problem...I didn't dare explore the streets too much. Anyway, it's my 3rd or 4th trip to Shanghai and it is really no big deal. It's just another big city with terrible pollution and traffic jam problems.

By the way, the hotel (Penta Hotel) that I stayed in was rather modern and chic, so I took some pictures of it. It was RMB538 per night inclusive of breakfast and free internet access.

View of the bed from the doorway

View of the TV from the bed

Another view of the room from the arm chair

My dinner bought at the food court near the hotel...Yummy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, I thought that you actually had instant cup noodles for dinner. Food court is a distant memory for me over here in London.

I miss those cheap MSG laden food.

waitingkitty said...

They should build some food courts in London too. :o)