Monday, November 17, 2008

Viral Infections

It's been an excruciating week for me...

On Monday late afternoon, I suddenly developed a severe headache and started vomiting. Then I started to feel pain all over my body and my limps felt numb...I thought I was having a stroke or something! It was terrifying and for the first time in my life, I was transported to the hospital in an ambulance as I couldn't walk anymore. I went to a government hospital first and they checked my limb movements, heart condition, blood pressure and temperature at the A&E Department. The results were okay but I still felt pain even though I had a pain-killer jab. The doctor there told me to get admitted but the hospital looked really crappy, so I got myself transferred to a private hospital instead. At the private hospital, I was put on a drip, had my blood taken for tests and did a MRI too. Luckily for me, all the results turned out fine but then I started to develop a fever and the pain didn't go away...

The doctor diagnosed "viral infections" and prescribed a course of anti-biotics and pain-killers for me. I was discharged 2 days later and given 5 days of sick leave to rest at home. I never knew that viral infections can be so damaging...I back at work today but I am still feeling occasional sharp pains all over my body. *sigh*

No comments: