Monday, November 10, 2008

Being mum

Got a surprise update from an ex-JC classmate today. She became a single mum in September to a baby boy! I am totally shocked! The last time I met her was in February during Chinese New Year at my house and she didn't say anything then! Her baby's father is a married man, she stated simply in her mail and made me terribly curious for the rest of the information that suppose to come with it. I have to find out more! What kind of arrangements did she make with the baby's father? Is he in the know or she's doing it all by herself? I have so many questions! Not because I am being busy-body but I really care for her to want to know more details.

Whatever it is, I think she's has done the right thing and I am happy for her. Having a baby is about the most happy thing that can happen to a woman, especially wonderful if she has it with a loving husband but even without, the feeling of total love for another human being will more than compensate for it. I am beginning to feel a little envious of her now as I wish the 2 children that I have can be mine totally and not have to share with their father...the man who does not pay for the children's maintenance but claim 50% ownership. Isn't it unfair to me? Well, no point whining about it now, I have been letting him off the hook for the sake of the children all these years. And thank God I am making enough money for them. Just hope that the economic crisis won't affect my job...

If all things go as planned, hubby and I should be going back to Singapore for good next year and then we will plan to have a baby together. I am looking forward to being mum again...unbelievable but I am... I can still remember so vividly when I first gave birth to N 13 years ago...it was the most amazing feeling. I didn't know real love until that day; I didn't know what can be so precious to me until N came into my life; she was the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen and I am so overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions that I thought I could faint. It is wonderful being mum, 1st time, 2nd time, anytime. I can't wait to be mum again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder how your friend from JC is gonna cope, it's difficult with the social stigma and all... even in Singapore today.

But then again, with the levels of salaries of women approaching that of men and in certain sectors exceeded that of the latter, some women may not see the need to be in a marriage to have children.

waitingkitty said...

Hi CK,
The salaries of many women actually exceed men, u know? My friend has a maid and she sends the maid and her son to her mum when she works.