Friday, August 15, 2008

Fake for the sake of "perfection"

Live telecasts of the Olympics games have disrupted my schedule...I no longer get my dose of the Cantonese dramas that I used to enjoy every week nights and with the exciting games on TV, I couldn't study either... :(

I must say, I was rather impressed with the opening show of the Beijing Olympics until I found out that the little pretty girl who sang the opening song while they brought in the flag was actually a fake. The little girl with the beautiful voice singing the theme song was thought to be too chubby face and has uneven teeth, so they chose another prettier girl to do lip synchronising instead. I am totally disgusted with the arrangement. Bunch of cheats. How can they do such a thing to a little girl and try to fool the whole world with their so-called perfect image? *phui*

Well, that's just how the world is, isn't it? Beauty comes first, regardless of males or females, children or adults. Everybody likes a pretty face, and many pretty faces get privileges while the not so pretty ones get despised. In my company, one of the criteria given to the HR is to hire the better-looking ones given the same qualifications. Sometimes qualifications are compromised for the sake of a pretty face...*sigh* Is the society putting too much weight on beauty? Many girls are constantly fighting a battle to lose weight (including myself, actually) and many have gone for some corrective procedures, some very painful ones even for the sake of beauty...Everybody is faking beauty!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that she looked abit unnatural with her mouth opening so wide when 'singing' during the opening ceremony.... oh well.

My friends and I were discussing about whether our physical appearance affect how far we can get in life and this girl was cited repeatedly.

waitingkitty said...

Sigh...physical appearance is ranked higher than talent most of the time and what makes it so disgusting is that children are not spared now...

eastcoastlife said...

Such a pretty little girl and she has her innocence destroyed. :(

Nowadays we can't distinguish the natural beauty from the fakes.