Thursday, August 12, 2010

10 weeks

Baby is 10 weeks now and I am feeling better than a couple of weeks ago. I guess the morning sickness symptoms are laying off nicely. \(^-^)/

I dropped a bomb at my boss yesterday. No, not about the pregnancy but about my marriage. Nobody at work knows that I am married again yet as our relationship was blossomed in the office and we are kinda shy...we like to have our privacy. Anyway, I am relieved that he congratulated me and wished me happiness. I am also glad that I had taken this step to disclose to him and I will let him recover from this initial shock before I give him another bomb...about the pregnancy. I don't know how he will react to the pregnancy as I have worked for him for the last 7 years as a single working mother and he had also admitted that he had never treated me as a woman but just a colleague like any other male colleague. And he's Japanese, I don't know if he will be prejudiced against me if I have to take 2 months of maternity leave...Whatever the case, I can only keep it from everyone for the next 4 weeks or so before my tummy will be so big that it will be impossible to hide it anymore with clothes.

Hubby and I celebrated this milestone at Kimchee Korean BBQ last evening. The view from the restaurant was good and the food was not bad too. The only problem was having a group of 3 mainland Chinese women at the next table who were talking so loudly and another table of 7 nearby with 2 very noisy kids. I wish Hong Kong can be less infested by the mainland Chinese...our dinner date would have been perfect with the view, the good food and if only we could hear the background Korean pop music...*sigh*

No comments: