Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update ~ 2 weeks...

Sorry for not blogging for like 2 weeks...it's been a rather tough 2 weeks for me because hubby was in depression due to some issues at work. The worst thing about it was I couldn't help him and whatever I said to him seemed to have made things even worst for him. I am so glad when he announced that he is officially out of his depression last night. *Phew*

On top of that, I was having some hard time myself with my studies. Managerial Economics is killing me with all the mathematical equations...I wish I hadn't thrown away my A Maths as soon as I had finished my O levels exams...I am not the Maths person, I had always hated Maths and I had intentionally "throw away" whatever I had studied for my exams to make myself feel better. Do you know that you can really "throw away" bad memories? I often do that to make myself feel better, it's a technique for getting out of depression. Just intentionally forget things that aren't making you happy and make an effort to keep only good memories.

Oh yah, I have made a new friend with an old schoolmate of mine. M found me via Facebook and sent me a message requesting to add me as a friend. Honestly, I have absolutely no recollection of her even though I went through her profile and looked really hard at all her posted photos. Maybe she has changed quite a lot as I am sure she was never this "big" when she was still in school with me. She was really friendly, sending messages and looping in common friends we both know. She's living in New York now with her husband and 2 children. I guess when one gets far away from home, one just find the needs to get connected with friends back home. I am relating to that, so I responded to her equally. Then she came over to Hong Kong with her husband and we met up. She brought me to this members only restaurant "China Club" which hubby and I would never have know existed. It was kind of like a place from the famous book "Joy Luck Club" with very nostalgic furniture and atmosphere. There was this singer in cheongsam singing some Chinese oldies on stage with a live band. And they gave us "fortune cookies" after our meal. *Cool~!*

Do note that the Chinese restaurants here in Asia do not give out fortune cookies after your meals.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you husband is out of the woods.

Nice looking restaurant there. How's the food like? I can almost imagine the singer singing... "Yeh Shanghai, Yeh Shanghai..."

waitingkitty said...

Hi CK, the food was just ok...nothing special but I think the price was impressive. I didn't pay for it though as I am not member. :)