Friday, September 19, 2008

Update ~ Rash all over....

It was a roller-coaster ride at the stock market literally yesterday. The shape of the graph was a "V" indicating great recovery after a terrible fall. I wonder what is it going to be like today?

A friend of mine who is married to a British and living in UK just updated me that her hubby had survived a major restructuring in his company and got to keep his job, but he had to do the honorable head-chopping for his department instead. *Sigh* It's all gloomy everywhere and the weather today is just not helping...it is raining heavily outside now...

I have developed a rash all over my body since 2 weeks ago and after 2 consultations with different doctors, I just found out from the last doctor that it is Pityriasis Rosea. The cause of it is not known but according to some sites, it usually happens to children or young adults during Spring or Autumn seasons. It's really puzzling for me as I am not a young adult and it is not even Autumn yet in Hong Kong. The doctor told me that it must be something in the air and lucky for me, the rash is not itchy and it's not contagious. Best of all, it usually won't break out on the face although I have many on my neck area. The bad news is, it will take up to 12 weeks to heal completely and there is no treatment for it. At the meantime, I can't go swimming as I really look like a leper and I doubt the guards will let me into the pool... By the time this rash subside, it will really be Autumn in Hong Kong and the pool will be closed until Summer next year.

No comments: